Brokerage Agent Opportunities
Why Partner with MIQ Logistics?
For great earnings potential, resources and support.
MIQ Logistics offers great opportunities for independent Truckload Brokerage agents with experience in truckload brokerage services or transportation sales.
MIQ Logistics is seeking experienced truckload agents with established customers and the ability to immediately execute shipments.
As an agent, you will be responsible for managing your own previously established book of business, as well as establishing new opportunities. Agents for MIQ Logistics are expected to create long-term relationships with customers and carriers through their commitment to an excellent work ethic, quality service and expert management of load transactions to final delivery, while maximizing gross margins.
The agent will act as an independent contractor to MIQ Logistics and will interact as necessary with the MIQ Logistics centralized truckload operations in Overland Park, KS. As negotiated with the agent, MIQ Logistics will provide back-office accounting support to the agent, including customer invoicing, payment processing, and collection negotiating.
When you sell for MIQ Logistics, you’ll:
- Represent a leader of global supply chain solutions with cutting-edge technology that is committed to providing the best service in the industry
- Enjoy a competitive commission structure, with unlimited earning potential. The commission structure is based on percentages of gross margin (billed revenue less carrier cost)
- Up to 60% if agent booked order and dispatched
- Up to 30% if agent booked order and MIQ Logistics dispatched
- Up to 30% if MIQ Logistics solicited agent’s help with booked order and agent dispatched order
- Receive twice-monthly payments for all completed loads
- Access logistics software to easily quote, book and track loads with confidence
- Work from the convenience of your home or office
- Enhance your sales efforts with marketing materials and support
- Receive training on all processes and operating systems.
MIQ Logistics provides agents with back-office support to help you reduce time-consuming activities such as:
- Managing your credit checks and collections
- Processing cargo claims
- Handling billing and carrier payment
- Reporting transactions for the agent audit process
- Gaining access to established network of carriers under contract
- Maintaining broker assurety bond and authority – you won’t need it.
Expectations of an agent:
- Solicit, manage and maintain an active customer base
- Develop and sell to new customers
- Negotiate rates with carriers and customers
- Perform all pricing; provide signed confirmation from customer and copies of all special carrier pricing to MIQ Logistics
- Arrange for each new customer to: complete a MIQ Logistics credit application; deliver that application to the MIQ Logistics credit department; and assist in resolving collection issues, when needed
- Utilize current qualified carriers in the MIQ Logistics’ network or follow the company qualification process for establishing new carriers.
- Plan and coordinate movements, execute transactions, and ensure compliance within company policies
- Track each shipment from origin to delivery, and enter trace notes in operating system
- Perform and document all customer and carrier communications
- Report OS&D claims or any service issues at the time of occurrence, or as soon as notified by carrier or customer
- Enter and maintain accurate, up to date information in operating system for all companies, carriers, and orders and be accessible for daily issues and questions.
Requirements to become an agent:
- 5+ years experience in trucking operations, brokerage sales/service, and/or dispatching operations
- Established customer and carrier account base of at least $500,000 annualized revenue
- Minimum of $50,000 in annualized gross margins generated from existing business
- Home office with a minimum of a computer, fax, telephone and high-speed Internet access
- Ability to use computer-based brokerage software, Microsoft Office and electronic mail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Motivated, determined, aggressive, confident, successful, and entrepreneurial; must be hands-on, high energy and enjoy a fast-paced work environment.
- No non-competes or non-solicitations agreement in place or other limitations to acts as an agent on behalf of MIQ Logistics